emsecondstage on at91rm9200 board

Hi,

I am trying to create an emdebian arm root filesystem for my Kwikbyte
AT91RM9200 board (plain arm, not armel)
I used a Debian Lenny i386 host to do:

emsetup -a arm
sudo emsandbox -a arm

I booted my arm board from flash (with an old existing filesystem on
the flash) and
then nfs-mounted the resulting filesystem from sandbox in
/arm-devel/emdebian-arm/

[root@KB9202B:~] cd /arm-devel/emdebian-arm
[root@KB9202B:/arm-devel/emdebian-arm] ./emsecondstage
Setting approximate time of 111823552008
Tue Nov 18 23:55:00 UTC 2008
Running ldconfig in /arm-devel/emdebian-arm ...
Configuring cdebconf
Unknown localized field:
Choices-fr: slushdot, spoiledmeat, leenoox dawt cawm, leenox tuday,
leenox dwat org, lewn
Unknown localized field:
Description-fr: This is my demo progress bar title in French (yeah, right)
Unknown localized field:
Description-fr: We like progress in French
Unknown localized field:
Description-fr: This is my demo title in French (yeah, right)
Unknown localized field:
Description-fr: This is my demo info in French (yeah, right)
Cannot open template file /var/lib/cdebconf/templates.dat: Invalid argument

the file templates.dat is there, but it's empty. Have I missed
something or done something wrong?

"emsandbox -a arm" completes with no errors, as far as I can tell.
Here's the debootstrap info from the beginning of the sadnbox output:

"
Creating an embootstrap arm chroot
Building arm chroot on i386 to install arm packages.
Checking for a user writeable tree in
/home/vliaskov/arm-devel/emdebian-arm2/pbuilder/build
 -> running debootstrap
 -> cross detected, using foreign.
DEBOOTSTRAP_DIR=/usr/share/debootstrap/ debootstrap  --verbose
--foreign --arch arm unstable
/home/vliaskov/arm-devel/emdebian-arm2/pbuilder/build
http://buildd.emdebian.org/emdebian/
/usr/share/emdebian-tools/emdebian.crossd
[snip]
"

Any help is greatly appreciated.
thanks for your time,