Re: emdebian armel support

On Fri, 2008-10-17 at 22:56 +0200, Christian Bayle wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I'm trying to setup  emdebian on Neuros which is armel

There are no publicly available armel packages available for Emdebian at
this time. Only ARM. You would have to cross-build all the packages
yourself. Others have done work on armel but I don't know if those
builds are up to date.

> I: Checking component main on http://buildd.emdebian.org/emdebian...
> E: Couldn't find these debs: util-linux dhcp3-client libnewt0.52
> libdebian-installer4 cdebconf readline-common makedev whiptail zlib1g
> apt libncurses5 debian-archive-keyring libstdc++6 libc6 busybox
> libreadline5 debianutils gpgv initscripts libgcc1 base-files
> module-init-tools base-passwd libslang2 gnupg udev dpkg
>

> I've got a working debian on neuros so all this package are available on
> debian.

The packages for emsandbox are not Debian packages, they are Emdebian.
(Otherwise you don't get the size benefits). (To use the Debian armel
packages, just use debootstrap or Debian-Installer as normal.)

> Did I miss something

Yes, you missed that Emdebian only has binary packages for ARM at this
time.

> or what step should I follow to have this working ?

1. Wait until after Lenny when we will be adding armel to Emdebian (and
hopefully i386 and mips)
2. Use ARM, not armel
3. Build all the packages yourself - this is a long process and you
should check the current ARM autobuilder logs and build at least some
packages manually first to ensure that you understand what is happening.