Re: [OT] Programing of "usbhid-ups" Devices

Michelle Konzack wrote:
Hello Programmers,

At many new USB Devices (in my case a PDU - Power Device Unit) they  are
using more in more "usbhid".  Now I want to setup  some  of  my  devices
with Microcontrollers and USB device controllers, which I  want  to  use
over "usbhid".

Does anyone know, where I can get Specifications (anything about it  and
not only PDU/UPS) or can tell me how I can code it?  (I can not  imagine
that it is only text/plain over USB.  It  seems  the  protocol  is  more
complex)

Also my DS8xCxxx (using "sdcc") and LH4A4xx (ARM922T) are forking nicely
and I have all Data available but I do not know, how I should  send  the
Data on request by the Host, e.g. from NUT (Network UPS Tool)  over  the
USB...

Also I should say, that I can flash the DS80C411 perfectly over USB from
my ThinkPad 570 running Sarge/Etch.  And even uploading/flashing a whole
Debian-ARM system of up to 8 MByte into the NV SRAM to my LH7A411 is now
working...

Oh, I had to code my own bootloader which  was  more  simple  as  I  was
thinking a I have encountered that I have two memorys  where  the  first
internal one was started and look for a flag and if the  flag  was  set,
e.g. from an external switch, the controler start the flash  routie  and
try to suck an image over USB or any other serial ports...  If the  flag
was not set it depends since it can run  a  program  from  the  internal
64kByte EEPROM or switch the memory to the extenal one and  execute  its
content...

Hell reading the specs from NXP where I have found some lines of a basic
bootloader...  those 10 lines of ASM are mutatet to over 4kByte...  :-)

A few years ago i programmed a USB HID stack on a PIC 18F4550, this is not something that make you happy. I addvice to use embedded linux and the gadget USB stack :-p

Kind regards,

Jelle