Re: at the end of emdebuild...

On Thu, 2008-03-27 at 17:01 +0000, David Goodenough wrote:
> there is are a pair of statements that use @line, which is an array
> of objects to be installed.

It is in a subroutine, &crossbuilddeps, so it is not necessarily called
at the end of emdebuild, the code is just located there.

>   When doing a cross arch build it fails
> saying that there is an uninitialised value in join (the place where
> is uses @line is join( " ", @line)).

Which package? It doesn't fail on my builds.

> Now in this case there ARE (two) unmet things to be installed,
> so it should have something to do here.
>
> Anyone got any ideas as to what the problem might be?

David, when filing queries like this, please do a couple of things:

1. Always run any script with multiple --verbose options to see what the
script is actually doing before posting. emdebuild supports up to four
levels of verbosity so you can run emdebuild -v -v -v ... (the default
is one and --quiet uses verbosity=zero).

2. *Always* state exactly which package is being built and for which
architecture.

3. Always append to your post the relevant output from the verbose
options.

Thanks, your feedback and comments are helpful and I do want to fix the
issues but I consistently need more information from your questions.

You've probably noticed that my emails tend to be quite verbose, well I
like verbose and I find that things are easiest when others are verbose
when detailing problems too, please.