Re: Are there any notes on adding architectures for a package

On Thu, 20 Mar 2008 16:40:21 +0000
David Goodenough <david.goodenough@btconnect.com> wrote:

> I am trying to build all the base files for i386, and some of them only seem
> to appear in the arm list in the emdebian packages list.

There are no packages in the Emdebian target repository except for ARM
at this time.

> Are there any howto
> docs showing what I need to add by way of local patches to enable an
> additional architecture.

Local patches via machine:variant.

> When I try the emsource -b is correctly works out that this is for i386, and
> generates the right values for DEB_HOST_GNU_TYPE, but it seems to generate
> files of the form trunk/a/apt/trunk/apt-0.7.11/arm-linux-gnu.cache

That's generated from the patches but can be ignored. The debian/rules
line only allows $(DEB_HOST_GNU_TYPE).cache for the build.

, rather
> than i386-linux-gnu.cache.  Oddly when it comes to do gnupg, it tries to
> copy i486-linux-gnu.cache, but never creates a .cache file at all.

You don't ever need cache files for native builds.