Re: emdebian tools on testing

I think one of the problems is the dependency on libssp0. This package only seems to exist in etch. I've have seen gcc-4.1-powerpc-linux-gnu install on Etch, but now I've upgraded to testing so I don't want to try and install an etch package.

I notice that gcc-4.1.2-21 is due to migrate to testing in 3 days time (hopefully). I presume this does not depend on libssp0. Am I likely to be able to install this emdebianized package in the next 4-7 days ??

Brendan.

Brendan Simon wrote:
Wookey wrote:
On 2008-03-18 09:02 +1100, Brendan Simon wrote:
2) I have been concentrating on trying to get gcc-4.3 or gcc-4.2 or gcc-4.1 installed. I'm sure I have had them installed before, but maybe that was from the SLIND repository.

I believe that 4.1 and 4.2 are currently installable on testing. (It
seems to be OK on both my boxes currently (I installed a couple of
weeks back), but there is obviously continuous flux. What is going
wrong for you?
# apt-cache policy gcc-4.2-powerpc-linux-gnu
gcc-4.2-powerpc-linux-gnu:
 Installed: (none)
 Candidate: (none)
 Version table:
    4.2.1-5 0
       -20 http://www.emdebian.org unstable/main Packages

# apt-cache policy gcc-4.1-powerpc-linux-gnugcc-4.1-powerpc-linux-gnu:
 Installed: (none)
 Candidate: 4.1.1-21
 Version table:
    4.1.1-21 0
       500 http://www.emdebian.org testing/main Packages
       -20 http://www.emdebian.org unstable/main Packages

# aptitude install gcc-4.1-powerpc-linux-gnuReading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree      Reading state information... Done
Reading extended state information Initializing package states... Done Reading task descriptions... Done Building tag database... Done The following packages are BROKEN:
 gcc-4.1-powerpc-linux-gnu
 gnome gnome-core{a} gnome-desktop-environment gnome-office{a}
 gcc-4.1-powerpc-linux-gnu-base{a}
0 packages upgraded, 2 newly installed, 0 to remove and 4 not upgraded.
Need to get 432kB of archives. After unpacking 1217kB will be used.
gcc-4.1-powerpc-linux-gnu: Depends: cpp-4.1-powerpc-linux-gnu (= 4.1.1-21) but it is not installable
                            Depends: libssp0 but it is not installable
Resolving dependencies...

Keep the following packages at their current version:
gcc-4.1-powerpc-linux-gnu [Not Installed]

Score is -9879

Accept this solution? [Y/n/q/?]
 gnome gnome-core{a} gnome-desktop-environment gnome-office{a}
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 4 not upgraded.
Need to get 0B of archives. After unpacking 0B will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n/?]
Writing extended state information... Done