Re: Edimax BR mipsel board

Op 20081116 om 13:33 schreef Neil Williams:
> On Sun, 16 Nov 2008 10:49:57 +0000 phild <phild@mmkay.org> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm wondering if anyone else has already ported emdebian to the
> > Edimax BR6104 KP board?
>
> Not yet. There are no MIPS packages for Emdebian currently.
>
> There is a possibility of mips and mipsel packages for Emdebian Grip
> but those are not ready yet.
>
> > I've had a search through the archives and can't find anything in
> > particular on this board, but thought I would ask in case someone has
> > already looked at it. Also as I'm fairly new to the project how up to
> > date is the emdebian website there are a few areas where it says
> > "this will be done real soon now" and just wondering if thats
> > actually all done now :)
>
> No. The website does contain some older sections but everything related
> to emdebian-tools, prebuilt packages, Emdebian flavours and the various
> repositories is up to date. AFAICT that actual phrase doesn't exist -
> most things are waiting for the Lenny release so that critical bug
> fixes can be introduced into relevant Debian packages (which are
> currently frozen and have been for months).

I think I still don't understand where and how "Emdebian" makes life easier.
Most likely I'm not affected by "the problem" to what Emdebian is the solution.

If I would want Debian on the Edimax MIPS board, I would use
 http://wpkg.org/Running_Debian_on_ASUS_WL-500G_deluxe
as starting point. That is because OpenWRT is ported to both ASUS WL500
and Edimax BR6104KP.

Geert Stappers
Mostly in an attempt to grasp Emdebian.