[i386] - busybox conflicts whit sysv-rc - long msg

 Hi,

 Splitting the "emsecondstage" mail. This part seems to be
more important.

> > Busybox for example. What is in emdebian-control.patch:
> >
> > -Conflicts: busybox-static
> > +Conflicts: busybox-static, sysv-rc, coreutils
> >
> >  I changed Conflicts field to have sysv-rc.

> Why? The scripts in sysv-rc are perl and busybox doesn't support
> runlevels so you don't need all the rc[0-9].d directories.
>
> BTW, this level of hassle is minor in the general run-of-the-mill
> packaging within Emdebian. I need more bug reports so that I can sort
> these problems out in Debian. There is no point continually making
> changes, like the ones you describe, on a local basis. We need changes
> in Debian that support all modes.

 What is in busybox.old/debian/control file

Package: busybox
Architecture: any
Depends: ${shlibs:Depends}
Conflicts: busybox-static
Replaces: busybox-static

 I did build busybox(conflict with sysv-rc) again to start from the
beginning. Executed emsecondstage, finnished ok. Final lines

Setting up udev (0.124-5.1) ...
/sys/class/net/ is not available, persistent interface names not saved.
A chroot environment has been detected, udev not started.
Setting up module-init-tools (3.4-1em3.1) ...
Setting up libuuid1 (1.41.0-3em3.1) ...
Setting up mount (2.13.1.1-1em1.1) ...
Setting up e2fsprogs (1.41.0-3em3.1) ...
Setting up util-linux (2.13.1.1-1em1.1) ...
Setting up initscripts (2.86.ds1-60em1.1) ...
Emdebian base system installed successfully in /.
Emdebian base system installed successfully.

:/# dpkg -l | grep busy
ii  busybox                   1:1.10.2-1em2.1         Tiny utilities for small and embedded system
cliente:/# dpkg -l | grep sysv
ii  sysv-rc                   2.86.ds1-60em1.1        System-V-like runlevel change mechanism
ii  sysvinit-utils

:/# apt-cache show busybox
Package: busybox
Section: utils
Installed-Size: 656
Maintainer: Debian Install System Team <debian-boot@lists.debian.org>
Architecture: i386
Version: 1:1.10.2-1em2.1
Replaces: busybox-static
Provides: coreutils
Depends: libc6 (>= 2.7-1)
Conflicts: busybox-static, coreutils, sysv-rc

:/# apt-get update
Get:1 http://192.168.1.3 unstable Release.gpg [197B]
Get:2 http://192.168.1.3 unstable Release [13.1kB]
Ign http://192.168.1.3 unstable Release
Get:3 http://192.168.1.3 unstable/main Packages [118kB]
Fetched 132kB in 0s (2950kB/s)
Reading package lists... Done
W: GPG error: http://192.168.1.3 unstable Release: The following signatures coul
dn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY C233D2E79834
F79E
:/# apt-get install dropbear
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
You might want to run `apt-get -f install' to correct these:
  busybox: Conflicts: sysv-rc but 2.86.ds1-60em1.1 is to be installed
E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a s
olution).

:/# apt-get -f install
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Correcting dependencies... Done
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  sysv-rc
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
After this operation, 258kB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]?

Can not write log, openpty() failed (/dev/pts not mounted?)
(Reading database ... 3245 files and directories currently installed.)
Removing sysv-rc ...
cliente:/#

:/# apt-get install dropbear
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Suggested packages:
  openssh-client runit
  dropbear
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 213kB of archives.
After this operation, 541kB of additional disk space will be used.
WARNING: The following packages cannot be authenticated!
  dropbear
Install these packages without verification [y/N]? y
Get:1 http://192.168.1.3 unstable/main dropbear 0.51-1 [213kB]
Fetched 213kB in 0s (3737kB/s)
Can not write log, openpty() failed (/dev/pts not mounted?)
dpkg: `update-rc.d' not found on PATH.          <<< here the problem
dpkg: 1 expected program(s) not found on PATH.
NB: root's PATH should usually contain /usr/local/sbin, /usr/sbin and /sbin.

:/# echo $PATH
/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin

:/# apt-get install sysv-rc
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Suggested packages:
  sysv-rc-conf bum
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  busybox dpkg
  sysv-rc
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 2 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 60.6kB of archives.
After this operation, 1245kB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? n
Abort.

   I had to do that to be possible to install other packages.
If I remove sysv-rc to solve conflict of busybox, no packages
gets installed. I understand what you say about sysv-rc , but
this is what happend and I do not have a 'because'.

 What do I have to do to check this?

--
Herbert Parentes Fortes Neto (hpfn)
Linux user number 416100