Re: emsource does not pass -a to emdebuild

On Wed, 2008-03-26 at 22:51 +0000, David Goodenough wrote:
> When emsource invokes emdebuild, it does not pass any explicit
> architecture to emdebuild using -a.  This means that you can only
> build for the default target.

svn commit -m 'emsource: pass the --arch option to emdebuild and
empdebuild' emsource 'debian/changelog'
Sending        debian/changelog
Sending        emsource
Transmitting file data ..
Committed revision 3249.

Expect a fix in 0.9.3.

> I am not sure that putting -a $arch on all the emdebuild is enough as
> when I produced a local version of emsource which did pass it, emdebuild
> failed complaining about files in /usr/bin being for the wrong architecture.
> But that is for tomorrow morning to investigate.

Which package?

> Could this be because the build dependancies are installed using
> apt-get (which will get for the host architecture) rather than apt-cross?

If it is module-init-tools, there is a separate bug in emdebuild which
I've already fixed for 0.9.3 which causes the architecture check to get
confused about symbolic links.