Re: ARM crossbuild error on amd64/sid

On Tue, 2008-03-25 at 21:10 +0100, Frans Pop wrote:
> (Please CC me on replies as I'm not subscribed!)
>
> Hi,
> dpkg-shlibdeps: failure: couldn't find library libm.so.6 needed by
> debian/libstdc++6-arm-cross/usr/arm-linux-gnu/lib/libstdc++.so.6.0.8 (its RPATH is '').
> Note: libraries are not searched in other binary packages that do not have any shlibs or
> symbols file.
> To help dpkg-shlibdeps find private libraries, you might need to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

This is exactly what needs to be done and the bug has already been filed
(with a patch). (210 days old; Modified 87 days ago.)

With all the bikeshedding in dpkg recently, it's stalled.

emdebian-tools uses a workaround until this bug is fixed:

http://buildd.emdebian.org/svn/browser/current/host/trunk/emdebian-tools/trunk/emdebuild#L351

I was hoping that this would be fixed before Lenny but time is getting
short.

A similar issue also exists and has a patch (just as old):

I hardly dare mention the idea of an NMU given recent dpkg events.