Re: Keyring package for Debian Embedded

Neil Williams schrieb:
> On Mon, 07 Jan 2008 20:58:10 +0100
> Stefan Weil <weil@mail.berlios.de> wrote:
>> Many Debian (and Ubuntu) archives use signed packages and usually
>> they also provide a package containing the public key.
> emdebian-tools already does this in the postinst.
>> The documentation http://www.emdebian.org/packages/keys.html
>> is ok, but installing a keyring package makes things even easier.
> Looks like you didn't notice that installing emdebian-tools does all
> that for you. You probably have an old version of emdebian-tools.
I indeed didn't notice that because I did not install emdebian-tools
(I installed only some cross compilers). Obviously I did not notice
(or expect) the hint for emdebian-tools on the web page.

Maybe splitting emdebian-tools in 2 packages would help.
So there would be a "standard" keyring package (useful for
everyone who uses emdebian) and a emdebian-tools package
which depends on the keyring package (and is not needed
for many users).

Stefan