Re: Video Cards

Op 16-11-2007 om 08:56 schreef Junior:
> Hi all,
> This a bit off subject but here goes...
> My video card on my desktop went out and I'm wondering where do I find
> a list of Graphics cards that works very well with debian. I'm still running sarge.

When such list is found,
one has still to find a place where such hardware is sold.

It is easier and _much better_ to ask in a shop for hardware that works
very well with Linux.

Start with your favorite (web)shop and ask explicit for Linux hardware,
if they say "sorry", reply with "you better worry" and go to the next
(web)shop. That is the best way to handle, infact a great investment.
(The smarter corporate customer, who buys each month new hardware,
is allready aware about that fact)

When only buying items from a list of "works with Linux",
could still be buying items sold "works with Windows"

Contact hardware sellers, not software support people,
about _hardware_ you want to buy.

> Thanks.

Yes, I believe this posting was helpfull.
(surely better then ignoring the original poster)

Cheers
Some one who can spent his money only once