emdebian gcc-2.95 cross-compiler for PowerPC target

I have installed emDebian cross-compilers for PowerPC targets on my Etch development host (AMD). Looking at the results of "aptitude search" I see I can install gcc-4.2, gcc-4.1, gcc-4.0, gcc-3.4, gcc-3.3, but nothing for gcc-2.95.

I have a requirement to replace an aging powerpc development host, that is used to compile for an embedded powerpc target, with a more powerful AMD development host and suitable cross-compilers. Due to the way our code repository is setup (it maintains and reuses object files from previous checkin/integrations), I would prefer to use a gcc-2.95 cross-compiler to retain binary compatibility. For that matter I would also prefer to stick to glibc-2.2 (2.2.5) C libraries too.

   * Is there gcc-2.95 for emDebian?  I see that there is a package
     called gcc-2.95-doc so it seems like that it did exist.
   * If not, is it because it is broken?
   * How much effort would it take to produce a gcc-2.95 powerpc
     cross-compiler for Etch ???

Thanks for any help or pointers.
Cheers, Brendan.