Getting started

I'm trying to get started with debian embedded.

I built my own mini-distro to fit into flash but our new platform has room for all sorts of goodies so I am trying to build a fairly standard debian system.

I've read through the docs on building the toolchain and I have a couple of questions:

1.  My kernel is 2.4.26 - should I use kernel headers from that version?
2. My base development system is based on Debian Sarge on an X86 platform. Would this be a problem? Should I rebuild the system for Etch? 3. I already have a file system based on debian-arm that I would like to keep intact as much as possible.

My target system is an ARM - specifically the TS7300 from embeddedarm.com <http://www.embeddedarm.com/epc/ts7300-spec-h.htm>.

Thanks,

--Yan