Re: Toolchain transition problems

On Tue, 29 May 2007 11:06:50 +0100
Neil Williams <linux@codehelp.co.uk> wrote:

> I'll look at extending empdebuild to support creating a testing chroot
> as well as unstable (using the underlying pbuilder code).

I love it when a plan comes together!

Due in no small part to the flexibility of the underlying pbuilder
code, empdebuild can now create, update, login and build packages
within a cross-building chroot based on Debian testing. As it is
testing, not unstable, it is unaffected by the toolchain transitions
and the Emdebian toolchain installs cleanly, does not cause any
packages to be held back and doesn't get removed with dist-upgrade.

Packages destined for Emdebian unstable can be built in the testing
chroot and can be easily updated once the unstable chroot becomes
usable.

A few things to tidy up remain but the copy in Emdebian SVN should
work. You will need to build emdebian-tools 0.2.2 and install it so
that the updated code is available in /usr/lib/ - empdebuild can't work
directly from SVN. (Remember to run empdebuild under sudo.)