Re: Emdebian RootFS

On Tue, 8 May 2007 20:36:44 +0200
Bernhard Fischer <rep.dot.nop@gmail.com> wrote:

> My usual comfortable rootfs (without a compiler, though), is about 5Mb,
> i fear that the dependencies would make this considerably bigger.
> mount, makedev awk, login, dpkg, coreutils, passwd sound a little bit
> redundant since busybox is supposed to be able to replace all of them,
> just to comment a few from the list mentioned above.
>
> I'm curious about the reason these packages (still) need to be installed?

The list is just that suggested by Wookey here:
http://wiki.debian.org/EmdebianRootfs

It served as an initial list for development and it can be further
optimised. I shouldn't really have described this as minimal - just
small.

If you have a smaller list, please feel free to edit the Wiki above and
test with edos-debcheck against the emdebian arm target repository.