emdebian-tools 0.1.5

0.1.5 tweaks the maintainer scripts and removes a lintian override for
Wookey because the full-maintainer-name bug in lintian was fixed just
before Etch released. It also contains updated debconf translations for
cs, de, fr, it, ml, nl, pt_BR, pt, ru, sv and ta. (ja is out of date).

The main changes in the maintainer scripts are those that resulted from
discussions on debian-devel about identifying the suite in postinst and
working out which repositories to add and where to enable automatic
upgrades of the toolchains.

The result is a new dependency on ucf (easy configuration file handler
that preserves your existing changes as per policy), a longer postinst
and an out-of-the-box fix for installations that don't use a primary
mirror in /etc/apt/sources.list. The Emdebian repository is added via a
configuration file managed by ucf / debconf
called /etc/apt/sources.list.d/emdebian.sources.list. The postinst
checks /etc/apt/sources.list for primary mirrors (using a list and
regexp because apt-cache cannot do this reliably within a postinst
using debconf) and if one is not found, adds a primary to the
emdebian.sources.list file. If a primary exists, only the emdebian
repository is added and duplicate mirrors are avoided.

Please let me know if things don't go smoothly - I hope to upload this
to Debian as 0.2.0 fairly soon.

Turns out that Richard Pixley's problem with ftp.debian.org is FAR more
likely than I expected - there is absolutely no guarantee that any
Debian installation will use a primary mirror, in fact d-i seems to
almost avoid using a primary. ftp.debian.org is certainly the default
in default debootstrap builds. Unfortunately, without a primary mirror
there is no way of determining which packages are available to support
the cross-building target architecture.

0.1.5 is currently in the Emdebian toolchain repository (unstable).

(BTW: Toolchains in Emdebian testing have already migrated to stable and
etch now points to stable, lenny points to testing. That happened
shortly after the Etch release upstream.)