Re: Debian & Nokia 770

Hello JC,

The documents are outdated, the scripts from the subversion repository
are not available. Where to find updated documentation?
How to build my own rootfs?

As Ed's states, that work was superceded...
Emdebian still has not a proper working environment, as it has to
argue lots of concepts with Debian proper and study which are benefits
and disavantages of each approach. Right now, we are focusing towards
supporting an update it cross toolchain in sync with Debian -currently
only unstable is up to date, i believe-.

Closest approach that we have been working on -mainly Ed- was
developing a framework using scratchbox for Nokia device. Some of his
packages are at http://www.emdebian.org/svn/browser/emdebian/trunk/.
If you are interested, you could continue his work.

There is to mention Slind effort - now at www.slind.org -.

We are also working on a full set of tools, apt-cross,
emdebian-tools,... to be able to emdebianize Debian packages. You
could also try to use it to produce essential packages that you need
for your rootfs. In that case, that would be appreciated and probably
added to emdebian repository.

In the case of Nokia 770, i believe, you will not have access to all
the peripherals, as the DSP Audio driver is not open source and maybe
some other driver. I'm not sure about it, so maybe someone wants to
take me out from my mistake.

Anyway, if you want to develop with N770, i would suggest, to
bootstrap a Debian rootfs and start to emdebianize those packages
until you get a fully functional emdebian rootfs.

Cheers,
Hector Oron