Re: arm eabi port, patches

On 2007-02-27 08:52 +0000, Neil Williams wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Feb 2007 01:46:26 +0200
> Guillem Jover <guillem@debian.org> wrote:
>
> > I think the correct thing to do is to merge dpkg-cross into dpkg
> > itself, and I'm willing to start discussing what's needed from dpkg
> > side to start incrementaly merging the functionality. Nikita, Neil?
>
> Is it only the architecture list that is of concern? What other
> components of dpkg-cross are actually part of dpkg? (bearing in mind
> that dpkg-cross itself calls dpkg at some points.)

dpkg-cross currently diverts dpkg-buildpackage and dpkg-shlibdeps.
This is clearly less than ideal. dpkg-dev having cross support
built-in seems sensible to me. Especially if it only makes dpkg a few
K bigger.

You are right that the debconf questions are inappropriate for most
users. Probably those should be attached to the dpkg-cross binary
package which still has dpkg-cross itself, but not replacement
dpkg-dev files? Either that or work out some other way to avoid asking
normal users about cross-building.

work: http://www.aleph1.co.uk/                 play: http://wookware.org/

believed to be clean.