[OT] Self-Made computer using standard Microchips

Hello,

since I do not know any Mailinglists to this subject, I hope I find some
colegous (Electronic Engineers) here.

For more then 20 Years I was working with Zilog Z8000/Z8400 and Motorola
6800/68000/68010 and Singel-Chip CPU's building my OWN computers and
programming them in 100% asembler.

Now time flies and I have the need to build some ultra smal but hyper
performant Systems.  Since you are all involved with embedded Systems,
can you provide me with Infos Where to get ARM, MIPS and other CPU's
and ITS SPEZIFICATIONS to build my own Computers.

Now I have bought over 40 different ARM and MIPS based SBC's and not a
singel one fit my needs in Speed and functionalities.

My goal is, to create some customizable SBC's running Embedian and
certainly full blown (but striped) Debian Installations.

For some time I have bought a MAN-2088 Supertruck (2000HP, 88 tons) to
transport two Mobilhomes of 7.15x3x2.6 meters and it is FULL Debian
powered from the Motor-Control over the Water-Epuration to the Clima
System, Photopholtaik-System, Chargers and what else.  Using over 80
CPU's (in general Am486 and SC520 but Athlon and Opteron too)

Another Question:

Do you know Mailinglists in german or english for Electronic Engineers/
Developers ?  Maybe with relation to OpenSource and Linux.

What I like to see is an equivalent to the Open Source Software.
I mean, something like "Open Hardware" or such.

Hobby Electronic Journals like "Elector" or "ELO" are going already
in this direction but I want to change the "Hobby" to "Professionel".

:-)

Since I am customer of Philips Semiconductor, Maxim/Dallas and Valvo I
know the prices of microchips of any kind and I think, there is many
lowcost hardware which are currently heavily sold OVERPRICED.

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day
    Michelle Konzack
    Systemadministrator
    Tamay Dogan Network
    Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi
0033/6/61925193    67100 Strasbourg/France   IRC #Debian (irc.icq.com)