Re: whiptail causing debconf problem

OK - fixed. Thanks Neil.
I was missing libnewt.

2007/2/21, Neil Williams <linux@codehelp.co.uk>:
On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 17:03:08 +0100
"Hector Oron" <hector.oron@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> # apt-get update
> # apt-get upgrade
> Do you want to continue [Y/n]?
> Setting up dpkg-cross (1.35) ...
> whiptail: error while loading shared libraries: libnewt.so.0.52:

This is the source of the error - whiptail. (source package: newt).
What version whiptail are you using? I've got 0.52.2-10 .

> debconf: whiptail output the above errors, giving up!

> What is going wrong here ? Is dpkg-cross and apt-cross broken on
> unstable ?

No - it looks more like all debconf packages will have problems because
something is wrong with whiptail on your test system.

I've just loaded my pbuilder chroot and installed apt-cross without
problems. I've also run whiptail without problems - within the chroot
too. (whiptail --yesno test 10 10).