Re: Cross compiling packages that try to run test programs

> My toolchain is a working GCC 3.4 varient and can
> compile many packages, but has problems with packages that try to invoke
> a test program as part of the configure script to test the output of the
> compiler.

This may be somehow workarounded by adding (somehow precomputed) results of
such tests to /etc/dpkg-cross/cross-config.*

Once I thought of setting up some infrastructure that will help maintain all
needed configure vars from most of all debian packages on all supported
architectures. That should somehow extract needed tests from configure
scripts, somehow obtain test results for each arch, and somehow store
those.

But this was only generic idea, nothing particular.