Re: Building cross gcc-3.4 for amd64 on i386

"Hector Oron" <hector.oron@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello Pawel,
>
>  You are missing some libraries, like libgcc1. Check
> http://packages.debian.org/stable/devel/gcc-3.4
>
>  I have not had time to go over amd64 -> i386 but it is known that
> does not build properly, check #395022 (it applies to gcc-4.1, but it
> happens on gcc-3.4 also).
>
>  So i you are able to build it, please report it.
>
>  Good luck !

Hello Hector,

Thanks a lot for the reply!  Probably your diagnosis is not
correct, because I have libgcc1 package installed:

$ LANG=C apt-cache policy libgcc1 |grep "Installed:"
  Installed: 1:3.4.3-13sarge1

However, you're right that it's a problem with Build-Depends:

$ LANG=C GCC_TARGET=amd64 dpkg-buildpackage -uc -us -rfakeroot
dpkg-buildpackage: source package is gcc-3.4
dpkg-buildpackage: source version is 3.4.3-13sarge1
dpkg-buildpackage: source maintainer is Martin Schulze <joey@infodrom.org>
dpkg-buildpackage: host architecture is i386
dpkg-checkbuilddeps: Unmet build dependencies: binutils-x86_64-linux (>= 2.15-5)
dpkg-buildpackage: Build dependencies/conflicts unsatisfied; aborting.
dpkg-buildpackage: (Use -d flag to override.)

but rather it's not a reason of the building fail.  If I'm wrong,
please correct me.

Of course, I'll let you know if I build my cross gcc-3.4 package
successfully.

Have a nice day,

Pawel