Re: an inittab question

On Thu, Jan 04, 2007 at 06:22:49AM -0800, Junior wrote:
> [...]
based on informations from you, I would certainly change

	::sysinit:/etc/init.d/rcS

line to something like

	::sysinit:/etc/init.d/rcS-mine

(i.e. using only one sysinit line in inittab) and created
/etc/init.d/rcS-mine:

	#!/bin/sh
	/bin/my_UI_program
	exec /etc/init.d/rcS

or created an S00myuiprogram link to /bin/my_UI_program.

if you want to continue with rcS while running your program,
just fork and exit in my_UI_program. rcS will continue while
you run my_UI_program.

--
matej kovac
matej.kovac@telnet.sk