Re: uclibc-i386 packages

Thanks, Neil,

xen-create-image is one of the perl programs from Steve Kemp's excellent 'xen-tools' package.  It builds a filesystem for a xen domU.  This filesystem can then be booted using xm create ( see xmdomain.cfg(5) and xm(1) ).

Are there plans for other architectures in this repository?  The requirement of 120M+ for a minimal etch is too great for some of the projects I plan to work on.

Cheers,

C.J.

On Dec 7, 2007 2:26 PM, Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org> wrote:
C.J. Adams-Collier wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I want to get the following to work:
>
> xen-create-tools \

? what is that ?

>   --arch=uclibc-i386 \
>   --dist=sid \
>   --mirror= http://buildd.emdebian.org/emdebian \

There are no i386 packages at that repository, only arm.

>   --hostname=test \
>   --dhcp \
>   --size=32M \
>   --memory=32M \
>   --lvm=/dev/vg0
>
> The first step in this process looks like it will be building coreutils
> for the uclibc-i386 platform.

That doesn't need a cross-compiler, it just needs patches so that the
correct libc is located. I haven't done anything with uclibc yet though
so I'll defer to Simon.

moo.