Problems building a valid image for netgear DM111

Hello,

I've downloaded de source code of the netgear DM111 modem and I'm trying to achieve something that looks alike the original firmware. I'm using a debian distribution for amd64.
I'm having certain problems but the latest is that the variables defined and exported in the Makefile are not seen by the scripts called by the makefile.
Does anybody know why this happens?
I've resolved it temporally, redefining the variables at the top of the script and then I achieve to build an image. The image I get is 70kb smaller than the original firmware.
Then I've used the make option --warn-undefined-variables and I obtain an enormous amount of warnings that look like this:

ripts/Makefile.build:57: attention : variable indéfinie « lib-n »
scripts/Makefile.build:57: attention : variable indéfinie « lib- »
scripts/Makefile.build:61: attention : variable indéfinie « obj-n »
scripts/Makefile.build:61: attention : variable indéfinie « lib-target »
scripts/Makefile.build:67: attention : variable indéfinie « lib-target »
scripts/Makefile.build:231: attention : variable indéfinie « MAKECMDGOALS »
scripts/Makefile.build:173: attention : variable indéfinie « EXTRA_CFLAGS »
scripts/Makefile.build:173: attention : variable indéfinie « CFLAGS_bootmem.o »
scripts/Makefile.build:173: attention : variable indéfinie « EXTRA_CFLAGS »
scripts/Makefile.build:173: attention : variable indéfinie « CFLAGS_bootmem.o »

I will be grateful if anybody can help me.