dpkg-architecture and dpkg-cross

Regarding the remaining differences between the %archtable in
dpkg-cross and the values from dpkg-architecture, how easy would it be
to migrate completely to the dpkg-architecture list?

With Ron's changes from #430507, the remaining issues are:
%archtable = (
	'armeb' => 'armeb-linux-gnueabi', #XXX This differs from dpkg-architecture
        'hurd-i386' => 'i386-gnu',        #XXX This differs from dpkg-architecture
        's390x' => 's390-linux-gnu',      #XXX This differs from dpkg-architecture
        'openbsd-i386' => 'i386-openbsd', #XXX This differs from dpkg-architecture
        'freebsd-i386' => 'i386-freebsd', #XXX This differs from dpkg-architecture
        'darwin-i386' => 'i386-darwin',   #XXX This differs from dpkg-architecture
	'win32-i386' => 'i386-cygwin'
);

dpkg-architecture values:
armeb => armeb-linux-gnu
hurd-i386 => i486-gnu
s390x => s390x-linux-gnu
openbsd-i386 => i486-openbsd
freebas-i386 => i486-freebsd
darwinbsd-i386 is unknown
win32-i386 is unknown

Can dpkg-cross 2.0.0 migrate wholesale to the dpkg-architecture values?

Do we drop the unknown values or retain them?

I expect the dpkg-buildpackage and dpkg-shlibdeps diversions to be
removable in dpkg-cross 2.x and I am working with the dpkg developers
to achieve this. I would expect this to require a closer tie in with
dpkg-architecture such that %archtable is completely removed. Yes?

(So far, I am planning on migrating the dpkg-cross
versions of dpkg-buildpackage and dpkg-shlibdeps
into /usr/share/dpkg-cross/ once the standard dpkg-dev versions include
the necessary support, dropping the diversions in the process.)

BTW: apologies - my internet connection has become exceptionally
brittle (I suspect a signal:noise problem on the line) so I cannot
connect to IRC for longer than a few seconds and sending/receiving
email is temperamental. Please don't think I'm ignoring you if I don't
appear to respond at the moment. Unless the problem resolves
spontaneously, I see little prospect of the problem being fixed over
this holiday weekend. I will continue working on the code at this end
but CVS/SVN commits may be impaired.