Re: Proposal: remove man and info entries from dh config files

On 7/27/07, Chuan-kai Lin <cklin@google.com> wrote:
> I propose that we
> systematically remove all entries in /usr/share/doc, /usr/share/man,
> and /usr/share/info from *.install, *.files, and *.links.  We can do
> it to all existing packages in svn, and add this functionality to
> em_make so that it is automatically applied to future packages.

I am back!  To clarify things a bit: the motivation for the proposed
change is to deal with packages that install documentation with
dh_movefiles, dh_install, and dh_link.  We still need these debhelper
scripts in emdebian builds, and removing the docs entries from the
.install, .files, and .links files prevents those debhelper scripts
from installing documentation into the packages.

So yes?  No?

--
Chuan-kai Lin