Re: Emdebian native build

On 2007-07-17 01:54 +0100, Hector Oron wrote:
> Hello,
>
>  Chuan-kai has been asking me about building native emdebian
> environment, like i386-i386. I think that is a point that we have not
> been paying any attention to, but could be a nice thing to have, at
> least people would be able to test, in the same system, the "crossed"
> packages.

I did a bit of this a while back - I wrote a script to run emsource on the
100-odd packages in a debootstrap base and then build them all to see
how many worked. But then I ran out of space on that box, so I'm not
sure what proprtion worked. Lots more than would cross-build,
certainly.

>  The first open issue is the compiler packages, emsetup looks for
> "native-cross" compiler and I believe there are more issues as
> dpkg-cross, apt-cross, ...

You don't _have_ to run emsetup, but yes it could be made easier to do
native builds.

Principal hats:  Balloonz - Toby Churchill - Aleph One - Debian
http://wookware.org/