Re: gcc-4.2 problems

On Mon, 2 Jul 2007 16:14:13 +0100
Neil Williams <linux@codehelp.co.uk> wrote:

> When building glibc, I came across a worrying error on my amd64 box that
> I was able to reproduce on an i386 box also running the 4.2 toolchain:
>
> ../include/stdlib.h:157: warning: C99 inline functions are not supported; using GNU89

Don't worry - worked it out.

The native build calls gcc-4.1 (because it is still the default).
Changing that to gcc-4.2 causes all the errors to appear in the native
build so it isn't a problem with our toolchains, it is a problem with
the glibc source code and how they define their inline functions. Hmm -
that's a awful lot of changes needed for the next version of glibc!