A bit off topic

Hi All,
I have two questions the first is a bit off topic.

Have anyone ever installed debian on a dual core Intel® Pentium® D processor 950 (Intel® EM64T) processor?
I've never tried a dual core CPU before neither a 64bit. I've tried the i386/686 install and ran into a few problems primarily with udev which causes several devices to fail after a "successfull" install. Several devices also failed but I think I might be doing the wrong install. Should I be using the ia64 install? Any recommendations?

The other question is regarding armel. What is is? Is it just another toolchain or is there more to it?

Much thanks.
--Junior