Re: Emdebian repository layout

Hi Neil,

Referring to your "Direction of Emdebian"[1], I guess it comes to the stage of emdebianising the essential packages to form a complete distribution.

After hanging around on the web for about one day, touching various approach (e.g. OE, slind), I realized the best way for me to work on embedded devices is the "pure emdebian" way as you postulated [2]. I hate the mass of sources, libs, toolchains and configuration files spreading everywhere of my system, which dirties up my system.

So I am looking forward to the upcoming GPE on ARM emdebian suite[1]. I would like to be involved in the progress.

Resources available on my side are an ARM7 board, an ARM9 board, and 10 amd64 PCs maybe useful for cross building.

I think I can also do some testing work.

Cheers.

Neil Williams wrote:
OK, after a long time and a few reshuffles, emdebian has a 'logical'
SVN repository layout with a clear division between current and
superceded code, clear module separation and updated documentation.
A full check out of even just the current code can easily be over 20Mb
and is likely to increase as more packages are emdebianised.
[1]http://lists.debian.org/debian-embedded/2007/01/msg00002.html
[2]http://lists.debian.org/debian-embedded/2007/03/msg00002.html

--
Xu Benda

Fundamental Science of Mathematics and Physics,
Tsinghua University, Beijing, P.R.China, 100084

tel:86-10-51531861
http://learn.tsinghua.edu.cn:8080/2005012177