Re: Building armel glibc-2.5

Hello Lennert,

Are you cross-building?  What gcc version are you using?

Yes, i am cross building.

I have been using arm-crosstool-linux-gnueabi from Martin Guy.

The problem was that I set CC and BUILD_CC to take that
cross-compiler, and it took regular debian's gcc. I resolved this
issue removing gcc symlink and point to the cross-compiler.

But a new error comes out the box:
{standard input}: Assembler messages:
{standard input}:26: Error: selected processor does not support `rfs r3'
{standard input}:48: Error: selected processor does not support `wfs r3'

The way i have selected cross compiler might not be the better way, it
might not take correct libraries, but why setting up CC and/or
BUILD_CC does not work on glibc-2.5 package for cross-compiling? I'll
try again with clean and fresh sources.

Best Regards,
Hector