[off topic] backup sync

Hi all,
This is a bit off topic but perhaps someone could help.
I have an external usb drive I use for backup and because I have duplicate machines at two locations I couldn't find a backup script to suite my needs.
I would like to a script that will sync by usb drive to my machine at location A first. Then when I get to location B sync machine B to my usb drive. When I'm done working on machine B, do the reverse.
Is there a way to do this cleanly? I'm looking for commandline approach.

Much thanks.