Etch/Testing dependency problems

Hello!

When I try to install the MIPS toolchain from the apt-repository at

   deb http://www.emdebian.org/debian/ testing main

I get the following errors under Etch/Testing

      cpp-3.4-mips-linux: Depends: gcc-3.4-base (< 3.4.5) but 3.4.6-1 is installed.
   Resolving dependencies...

I've resolved it by changing the dependency to

   Depends: gcc-3.4-base (>= 3.4.5)

, which allows me to install it under Etch. Is there any particular
reason why gcc-3.4-base was fixed to depend on (<< 3.4.5)?

Thank you for providing the pre-built cross compilers!

// Simon