[dpkg-cross] Diverting dpkg-architecture

Hi,

Today's quiestion is: what is the attitude/opinions upon diverting
dpkg-architecture from dpkg-cross package?
The thing is that we (in slind) use some architecture names that are
missing from upstream dpkg archtable and we are currently keeping our
locally forked version of dpkg for that very reason that I personally
dislike. And I'm in the mood for changing this unless there are some
reasons not to do so.

Alternatively, is there any chance we can get a number of uclibc-*
architectures into mainstream dpkg? [archname-related flame
discouraged]

Regards,
--
I am free of all prejudices. I hate every one equally.