From: Peter Chubb [mailto: peter@chubb.wattle.id.au]
To: sheriff@excite.com
     Cc: debian-embedded@lists.debian.org
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 07:05:59 +1100
Subject: Re: termios ifnterface,  raw?

>>>>> "Robbie" == Robbie <sheriff@excite.com> writes:

Robbie> Hi, I'm using the program below to grab data from the serial
Robbie> port. The data is in a predefined language and does not follow
Robbie> the typical character set, but sending commands.

Where do you set the baudrate?
You need to do cfsetospeed() and cfsetispeed() on the struct termios
before the tcsetattr.

And you may find cfmakeraw() to be useful.

---
Dr Peter Chubb http://www.gelato.unsw.edu.au peterc AT gelato.unsw.edu.au
http://www.ertos.nicta.com.au ERTOS within National ICT Australia

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com