Re: using apt and aptitude for cross-building

+++ Catalin Marinas [06-01-03 15:50 +0000]:

(hi there catalin)

> Wookey <wookey@aleph1.co.uk> wrote:
> > (aptitude download does do what I want, but there seems to be no way
> > to point it at an apt.conf file specifying all the non-standard
> > directories I want it to use).
>
> Do I miss something? "apt-get -c my-apt.conf ..." seemed to work fine
> for me (well, only with "update" and "source").

Yes. me too. But I have found no way to do "apt-get -c my-apt.conf
--download-only install <package>"
and have it just download the package, but not all its dependencies. When
apt.conf specifies an arch other than the host nearly all dependencies are
usually missing (and not needed).

"Aptitude download package" does download just that package, but I can find no
-c my-apt.conf equivalent option for it (only a long string of -o options
instead).