Re: cross-get script

Hey!

I like the idea on having a patch for dpkg-cross, but i have not access to such code repository.
It would be good to have this code, while dpkg-cross patch is accepted or not, on emdebian svn, i believe. Are you using it?

Thanks for everything :-)
Regards,
 Hector Oron

2006/10/29, Neil Williams <linux@codehelp.co.uk>:
On 29/10/06 01:05:30, Martin Guy wrote:
>> 5. Currently, it overwrites the .deb if it already exists (because it
>> no longer calls wget) - presumably that would be better if it simply
>> skips the --get if the .deb filename exists?
>
> It would be nice if it were idempotent, ie if it gets interrupted and
> then run again, it will work ok even if there are partially-fetched
> files lying around, so I would vote for a size check followed by a
> wget -c if it is incomplete, or just wget -c anyway - that downloads
> or continues to a file in the current (or specified) dir.

It doesn't use wget anymore, but a size check can be done.

> My need to switching repo according to the whether the package turns
> out to be a *_all.deb or a *_<arch>.deb is rather unusual and probably
> not worth confronting in a general-purpose script unless it drops out
> as an simple consequence.

Nevertheless, there is a good reason to support additional mirrors that
are not listed in /etc/apt/sources.list now that this is used directly.
Support for this is implicit in how Wookey's bash script worked and how
the perl script needs to operate.

> Nice work!

Thanks.