Re: How do I fix a -dcv1 vs. -cross mess?

>> The problem is that some of the dpkg-cross'd packages that I have
>> were converted with one version of dpkg-cross and some were converted
>> with another
>
> You should not mix packages converted with versions of dpkg-cross
> that are incomplatibme with each other

I must have missed any warning about this when I upgraded it. I would have stuck with the older version if I had known.

Anyway, it's too late now, so I have to get out of this mess.

Investigating further I think that the problem I have stems from the gcc -3.3 packages that I built. I made armeb cross-compilers using the Debian packages, and I think that the libstdc++ that I mentioned in my first messages actually came from this, not from dpkg-cross.

My guess is that the cross stuff in the gcc packages has changed to generate a provides: *-dcv1 dependency as well / instead of the -cross that mine has. (Can someone with a recent libstdc++nnn-dev-*-cross see what dpkg -s says it provides?) Since this is gcc-3.3 I guess that perhaps the necessary changes are only in the newer compilers. Am I on the right lines?

So, maybe I can fix everything by getting a native armeb libstdc++ package, dpkg-crossing it with the new dpkg-cross, and using this to replace the cross-compiled package that I currently have. Is there any chance of this working?

Cheers,

Phil.