Re: some suggest for the doc of Cross Toolchains in emdebian.org

Hello again !

2006/6/21, falls huang <falls.huang@gmail.com>:
Hello!

1.  In http://www.emdebian.org/tools/crosstools.html , it suggest the
user download libdb1-compat, libc6, libc6-dev and linux-kernel-headers
himself . I think we can use tpkg-install-libc to install <arch-libc>
, it's more convenient .

for example:
A. download tzdata for your <arch> and use dpkg-cross to install it (
maybe a bug of tpkg-install-libc ?)
B. apt-get install toolchain-source
C. tpkg-install-libc <arch-linux>

AFAIK, toolchain-source is deprecated for our team. Status now is to merge compbuildscript, which build toolchain with nikita patches with Slind way, as soon as Slind patches are provided.
BTW i have heard that latest dpkg-cross says to remove tzdata dependency.

2.
In http://www.emdebian.org/tools/crosstools.html , it said:
"$ TARGET=arch-linux fakeroot debian/rules binary-cross (replace arch
by arm, alpha,...)"
I suggest change it to:
"$ TARGET=arch-linux-gnu fakeroot debian/rules binary-cross (replace
arch by arm, alpha,...)"

because the dpkg-cross convert package and  install it to default path
-> /usr/arch-linux-gnu

That makes more sense with new dpkg-cross behaviour. But we aren't sure if it really needs to be changed.

Anyway, thanks for your proposals. We appreciate it.
:-)