Re: Re:

Wed, 07 Jun 2006 06:27:41 -0800

I want to let you see this

Over 80 de"gree selection. Get your online deg"ree in less then 2 weeks no required tests, classes, books, or interviews!
Which one is right for you ?
"Accounting
"Business
"Criminal" justice
"Educ"ation
"Health
"Technology

call us now for more info
1-206-337-1870 (7 days a week, 24 hours a day)

Look Foward to Hearing From You

Courtney Wiley
Then came THE PARENT. (Now, you need to know, I love the parents of the children I teach.) This parent arrived on the scene with her son who had Down?s Syndrome. She wanted a piece of software with REAL photos, one on each screen with the word in text and the word spoken aloud. I looked at her and thought to myself, ?B-O-R-I-N-G. The child will NEVER respond to that.?.
I could go on and on, but I won't. We have many programs the children love. But I would give them ALL up to keep my BORING noun program. I thank THE PARENT daily for her insight..
Doesn't Sarah remember shouting slowly?.
Doesn't Suzanne like skiing among the trees?.
Does Joe hate laughing over there?.
AUDIENCE: Yes..
4.
The politicians dislike playing all day long..
Cathy hasn't practiced reading yet..
They have regretted jogging since last Monday..
And what were the results? Let me tell you some stories:.
I am enjoying eating in the river..
They have regretted jogging since last Monday..
6.
THE PARENT arrived back on the scene. She gave me a tape by Dr. Laura Meyers from UCLA. I listened to that tape eight times. I listened over and over and heard the same thing again and again. Ms. Meyers said, 'These kids may need to hear a word many times (perhaps 72 times) before they ever say a word. A computer can be patient and say it the same way every time.' Now I understood. I was not patient enough. I did not allow the student to hear the words over and over. I was interrupting their learning by interjecting, when they were totally engrossed in what they were doing. I was asking questions they were not ready to answer. They were just learning language. They didn't have the answers yet..
Doesn't Sarah remember shouting slowly?