setup instr

Hi,

Are there any detailed instruction  on how to get up to speed with
working on embedded debian.  I have a reqt to build embedded x86 style
h/w, ARM and hopefully some power gear soon.  My goal is to 'single
source' from debian source packages and have a build system to create
the required 'embedded debs'.

Is that the emdebian project goal?  I've done similar with openembedded
and creating ipkgs but would prefer to add to the debian effort.

So is there docs to get quickly 'levelsetted' with you guys?

Thanks in advance

Geoff