Re: [Scratchbox-devel] Status of "scratchbox 2"?

On Mon, Feb 27, 2006 at 10:17:56PM -0400, Anderson Lizardo wrote:
> Is there any implementation work already being done for scratchbox2[1]?

The alien toolchain wrapper is pretty much done and getting into sbox
1.0.3. Currently toolchains need to be built and configured for a
specific version of sbox, alien wrapper allows using prebuilt
crosscompiler any toolchain.

Open redirector, which is what my BoF description mostly is about,
is far more incomplete. There original code by Lauri was lost in a
HD crash, so I've been reimplementing in it bits of the extra time.
Now I have a working prototype, and the biggest missing piece is the
configuration for the redirector.

sbrsh2 (sbrsh without nfs), is more on the idea stage still.

> The reason is that I've posted a .debdiff to qemu BTS[2] to have it
> register its user emulators with binfmt-support, so I think it can be
> used together with scratchbox2 instead of using a custom built
> internal qemu

qemu still needs to linked against libsb, but the whole idea of
scratchbox2 is to use unmodified host tools instead of custom builds.

Cheers,
Riku