Re: The problem about cross compling GTK

> hi,
> I am a freshman in learning linux,and I have some problems of cross
> compiling GTK,
>
> run configure first for pkg-0.14.0,
>
> CC=/usr/local/arm/3.3.2/bin/arm-linux-gcc
> ./configure  --host=arm-linux --build=i686-linux
> --prefix=/root/Software/GTK/GTKBuild/glib
> --libdir=/usr/local/arm/3.3.2/arm-linux/lib
> --includedir=/usr/local/arm/3.3.2/arm-linux/includ
>
> and the error message is as follow:
> checking for extra flags to get ANSI library prototypes...
> configure: error: can not run test program while cross compiling
>
> GTK1.2+pkg-0.14.0 redhatlinux(2.4.20-8)
>
> What's the problem?
> Someone in the maillist said that there should be a congfig.cache file
> but where can I find this file in net or how to generate this file?

Problem is that configure script tries to build and execute a test program -
which is not possible when cross-compiling.

Configure's attempts to do so may be avoided by determining the name of
configure variable that it is detecting value for, and add that variable
into config.cache manually.
This may be done at least by checking configure script itself.
config.log file should contain information about exact line of configure
script where it tries to run the program. Check the script near that line.