dpkg-cross 1.25.7 + debhelper 4.2.36.1 + gdb-arch-linux 6.3-6.1

Hi folks,

I've put together a package to debug cross-compiled application on
build machine. What you get is a

1) Extended version of dpkg-cross which support converting and
   installing *-dbg packages for gdb-arch-linux version of GDB.
   1.25.7 version in CVS development branch.

2) A fixed version of dh_strip --dbg-package which did not consider
   sym-links for libraries. This is mandatory for GDB (not only
   cross-gdb gdb-arch-linux). Refer to Debian bug #313342

3) A version of GDB which support cross-target debugging. I do
   not talk about gdbserver here. You will be able to e.g. analyse
   core- files on build machine which is more powerful then most
   of the target devices while embedded development. Refer to Debian
   bug #313340

The patch against the GDB 6.3-6 Debian package works like those
from Nikita. Build build a cross-gdb version do following:

# TARGET=yourarch dpkg-buildpackage -uc -us -rfakeroot

for PowerPC you will do

$ apt-get source gdb
$ cd gdb-6.3
$ TARGET=powerpc dpkg-buildpackage -uc -us -rfakeroot

Add following two lines to your /etc/apt/sources.lists file to
receive the latest bright shining versions of these tools:

deb http://einstein.speech-design.de/~br/dpkg-cross ./
deb-src http://einstein.speech-design.de/~br/dpkg-cross ./

PS: I've precompiled to cross-gdb version for PowerPC and ARM.
Call apt-get install gdb-powerpc-linux or gdb-arm-linux. Enjoy!

--
Raphael Bossek