Re: ramfs

Wolfgang Denk schrieb:

I guess your expectations are wrong. You don't  (and  cannot)  create
any  ramfs  images  like you are used to with ext2 or cramfs etc. You
just instatiate the file system and then use it. When  "created",  it
will always be empty.

Hmmm, I don't know if I understand this right, however, it is possible (at least on my machine it seems to work) to copy a filesystem image,
say the file varfs, to
/dev/ram (yes, this isn't a ramfs) and mount it afterwords like this:

dd if=varfs of=/dev/ram
mount /dev/ram /var

and the result is just as populated as the source for varfs.

 cris