Re: dh_strip --dbg-packages=pkgname uses native objcopy

> I do not know exactly how the strip thing was solved, but thinking of
> diversions having a wrapper script for objdump is not what we want
> either...

There is a wrapper script in /usr/share/dpkg-cross/ that autodetects the
architecture of it's argument(s) and calls appropriate strip binary(ies).
And dpkg-buildpackage wrapper adds /usr/share/dpkg-cross/ to te beginning
of PATH.

> I do not know how much work this would be, but what about piping
> transparantly all the commands through a script that replaces all the
> offending commands with the correct options? The biggest problem to me
> seems to be actually find out when the commands are emitted...

I think it's easier to add /usr/share/dpkg-cross/objdump that will do thing
similar to /usr/share/dpkg-cross/ strip. That should do the magic.

Nikita