Re: cross-compiling

On Fri, 2005-04-15 at 11:20 -0400, ER wrote:
> Hi,
> when I run a configure script with intent to cross-compile,
> how do I make it see the cross environment rather thsn using
> the host? By this I mean want it to look in /opt/arm-cross/.....
> lib, include rather than /usr/include or /usr/lib for dependancies.
>
> Any suggestions?

Assuming you have a proper toolchain, the option --host option
to ./configure should do it, for example:

./configure --host=powerpc-linux --build=i386-linux --prefix=/usr
--mandir=\${prefix}/share/man --sysconfdir=/etc

Actually, this is how dpkg-buildpackage, using the package dpkg-cross
calls ./configure when invoked as
dpkg-buildpackage -apowerpc -b -rfakeroot
This would build a package for powerpc architecture on an i386. The
libraries, header files, etc. live in /usr/powerpc-linux/.

Greetings,
Oliver