Re: apt diversions

Hi Nikita,

> if I understand correctly, you don't try to update/upgrade/... native
> and cross packages on *same* execution of apt-get.
This is correct.

> If so, isn't it better not to divert apt tools, but just use another
> command name?
If it would help to get dpkg-cross accepted I'll do. Myself I prefer the
diversion because I do not have to explain people about new tools. They
have only to add -a|--arch and it works as before. We also do not need
to maintain man pages ;)

> People are often nervous about diversions, so at least we should have
> good reasons to divert.
Let the people respond. Until know I did not hear anythink that will
compromise the addoption.

--
Raphael Bossek